You may be eligible for a discount on your monthly internet service through the federal
Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
What is the ACP?
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) provides a discount of up to $30 per month off your internet bill and up to $75 per month for those living on tribal lands. Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers if they contribute more than $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase price.
The Affordable Connectivity Program is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
Who is eligible for the ACP?
Many households are eligible!
A household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program if the household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, or if a member of the household meets at
least one of the criteria below:
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income internet program;
- Participates in one of these assistance programs: Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools.
- Federal Housing Assistance, including: Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program (Section 8 Vouchers)
– Project-Based Rental Assistance (PBRA)/Section 202/ Section 811
– Public Housing
– Affordable Housing Programs for American Indians, Alaska Natives or Native Hawaiians
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans Pension or Survivor Benefits
- or Lifeline;
- Participates in one of these assistance programs and lives on Qualifying Tribal lands:
– Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
– Tribal TANF
– Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
– Tribal Head Start (income based)
Can I find out if I’m eligible before going through the application process?
Yes! You can use a pre-enrollment wizard which will walk you through some questions to see if you will qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program before you start an application. And, if it looks as if you will qualify, you can complete the application on the same pre-enrollment wizard.
This sounds too good to be true. Is it a scam?
ACP is a federal program designed to make internet access affordable to everyone.
Do I receive a check every month to help pay for my internet?
No. Your discount will automatically be applied to your monthly bill. Depending on your chosen level of service, you may get internet access for free.
To learn more and for assistance with signing up for the Affordable Connectivity Program, please contact Brooke Hachey, Affordable Connectivity Outreach Coordinator, at 207-707-0962 or email@example.com